Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created projects featuring “Sale-A-Bration Products.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments. We love hearing from you! At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
The Darling Donkeys are so cute, I wanted extra space to show off all three. So, I used one of my favorite fancy fold cards, the Double Z-Fold. I haven’t used it for a while, not because it’s difficult to make, but because it’s difficult to photograph. Hopefully, my instructions will be clear, and you’ll be inspired to give it a try.
First, cut a piece of 8 1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock in half, 4 1/4″ X 11″. This is Thick Basic White Cardstock, scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″. The three panels were decorated with Sale-A-Bration, Berry Delightful Designer Paper in a green plaid. The large section is 5 1/4″ X 4″, and the two smaller sections are 2 1/2″ X 4″.
Second, cut a band for the bottom, 11″ X 1 1/2.” Score at 5 1/2″ and 2 3/4″. I decorated the band with three strips of another pattern of Berry Delightful Designer Paper. This paper comes in a bundle with a stamp set, which is a free Sale-A-Bration item for a $100 qualifying purchase. You can click on the picture in my Product List for details of the bundle.
The trickiest part of the Double Z-Fold is fastening the band. Apply glue to the front (bottom) of the card, and to the back of the end of the band. It seems odd, but the long section of the band is glued to the short front section. Attach the band, closing the card while fastening to make sure it attaches evenly, and use Liquid Glue, so you’ll have wiggle room. You should try a “dry” run, before applying glue.
Now, for the stars of the show, the Darling Donkeys. I stamped them in Stazon Ink on Thick Basic White Cardstock, and “cheated” with the cutting by using a Scan N’ Cut. On previous cards, I cut the donkeys without a white border, and I used regular weight cardstock. This time I added the border, but the blade wasn’t the right distance, didn’t make a clean cut, and I had to stamp, and cut a second time. It’s a learning process, and it will never replace my Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
Once cut, I colored the donkeys with Light and Dark Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends, and attached them with Dimensionals.
“You make me happy” is from the Meant To Be Stamp Set, stamped in Stazon Ink, cut with an Ornate Frames Die, and placed on Dimensionals. It’s attached to a heart, cut with a Stitched Be Mine Die from Berry Delightful Designer Paper.
The same heart die was used to cut the Thick Basic White heart on the inside, which I stamped with “Happy Valentine’s Day,” from the Meant To Be Stamp Set, in Real Red Ink.
Incidentally, the Double Z-Fold card will fit right inside our Medium Envelopes. YAY!
Thanks for hopping by today!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on February 10th when our theme will be “Birthday Bonanza” where the design team will be sharing birthday projects that celebrate our family and friends. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Line-up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards w/Renae Novak
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art. ***YOU ARE HERE***
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
Would you like to get a 20% discount on everything you order? Sale-A-Bration is the perfect time to join.