Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is Fantastic Fun Folds and 3D Projects. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
It’s October, and that means it’s time to share my favorite, easy-to-make, gift card holder. It’s always fun changing it up with the latest designer papers, stamps, and die-cuts.
I chose three colors of cardstock, Evening Evergreen, Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler, to coordinate with Sweet Stockings Designer Paper. Aren’t the animals adorable? You can see all 12 patterns of paper in my Product List below.
Cut 8 1/2″ X 11″ cardstock into two pieces that are 7 3/4″ X 5″. Score at 6″ and 2 1/2″.
Cut the bands 7 3/4″ X 1″. Score at 6 1/8″ and 2 1/2″. You want that extra 1/8 inch on the scoring, so the band will slide off and on easily.
To decorate the gift card holders, cut two pieces of Designer Series Paper: The bottom front is 4 3/4″ X 2 1/4″. The top front is 4 3/4″ X 1 1/2″.
Cut one piece of Basic White Cardstock for the sentiment on the inside, 4 3/4″ X 1 1/2″.
Use a 1 1/2″ or 1 3/4″ Circle Punch to make a finger slot in the middle of the bottom front.
Attach a piece of Tear & Tape to each side of the bottom (inside), and close, sealing your pocket.
Decorate the bands with cute animals from the Sweet Stockings Designer Paper, or from the Sweet Little Stockings Stamp Set.
TIP: Glue the band with the raw edge in front, and cover with your glued decoration. This keeps the back looking smooth and pretty.
Stampin’ Up’s Paper Trimmer was used for measuring, cutting, and scoring. It helps to have the right tools!
I appreciate you visiting today! When I’m not making cards, I’m spending time with my biggest fan.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on November 10th. Our theme will be “Home for the Holidays” when our Design Team creates a project to celebrate the upcoming holidays. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art. ***YOU ARE HERE***
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Diana Carr at Secret Life of Paper
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda