Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created “Birthday Bonanza” projects to inspire you to make for all of your family and friends. We hope you enjoy and are inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments because we all love hearing from you! At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
For all the dog lovers, or anyone young at heart, the Hot Dog Stamp Set is perfect for saying “Happy Birthday!” And, the Stitched With Whimsy Dies add to its whimsical flair.
I started off by using the largest Stitched Rectangles Die to cut Basic White Cardstock.
Then, I used the second to largest Stitched With Whimsy Die, which fits perfectly within the stitched rectangle. The Whimsy Dies are debossing tools, so unlike the Stitched Rectangles Dies that cut completely, they leave a detailed, stitched impression in the paper. You can see all the sizes in my Product List below.
Next, I glued a 4″ X 5″ piece of Bermuda Bay, from Brights 6X6 Designer Paper, to the back of the white, stitched piece. And, this was glued to the Granny Apple Green card base, 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″, folded at 4 1/4″.
Now, for the darling dogs from the Hot Dog Stamp Set. I stamped them in Early Espresso Ink on Basic White Cardstock, cut them along their lines, and colored them with Stampin’ Blends in two colors: Crumb Cake and Cinnamon Cider.
Then, I glued the paws and tail of the one getting a ride, to the back of the other one, before attaching them with Dimensionals.
Prior to attaching the dogs, I positioned them, so I could stamp the balloons where the dogs would be able to hold onto the balloons by the strings. The balloons were stamped in Early Espresso Ink, colored with Bermuda Bay and Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends.
I’m not sure where the expression, “hot dog” originated, but I’ve said it my entire life. Have you? It’s very appropriate with this stamp set, and I love how it’s combined with a birthday wish.
I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso Ink, and cut it with a Stitched Rectangles Die, which provided a nice foundation for the two dogs.
Thanks so much for hopping by!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on March 10th when our theme will be “Cute Critters” where the design team will be sharing projects that will feature critters of all sorts to inspire you. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards w/Renae Novak
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art. ***YOU ARE HERE***
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
Would you like to get a 20% discount on everything you order? Sale-A-Bration is the perfect time to join. During this time (January & February), you can choose your $125 Starter Kit for only $99. Plus, you’ll get a FREE exclusive gift from the upcoming catalog — an assortment of six 6″ x 6″ stacks of Designer Series Paper, 200 sheets. Did you know that the majority of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators are not pursuing the business? They appreciate Stampin’ Up! products, like you do, and enjoy the 20% discount. The addition of the stacks of 6X6 Designer Paper during Sale-A-Bration is an added incentive, giving the kit a $182.50 value.
You only have until the end of February to get this special offer.