Welcome to the November, 2018 Blog Hop with Stampin’ Pretty Pals. Holiday cards are done. It’s time to start on gifts and gift wrap. Let the Stampin’ Pretty Pals inspire you with “Anything But A Card” today.
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I have to admit that among my favorite gifts to receive is a gift card. It’s so much fun to go shopping, and not spend any money. Right? So, today, I’m sharing my favorite gift card holder.
I began by selecting three patterns of Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper, and three pieces of 8 1/2″ X 11″ cardstock in the coordinating colors of Real Red, Old Olive, and Shaded Spruce. One piece of cardstock makes two gift card holders.
Cut the 8 1/2″ X 11″ cardstock into two pieces that are 7 3/4″ X 5″. Score at 6″ and 2 1/2″.
Cut two pieces of Designer Series Paper: The bottom front is 4 3/4″ X 2 1/4″. The top front is 4 3/4″ X 1 1/2″.
Cut one piece of Whisper White cardstock for the sentiment on the inside, 4 3/4″ X 1 1/2″.
Use a circle punch to make a finger slot in the middle of the bottom front.
Attach a piece of Tear & Tape to each side of the bottom inside, and close, sealing your pocket.
Cut a 1″ X 8″ strip for the band. Score at 6 1/8″ and 2 1/2″. It’s important to have that extra 1/8″ so the band will move freely. Glue together, having the raw edge in front, which will be covered by the deer. This keeps the back looking smooth and pretty.
Decorating the band is the most fun part! I love our “camouflaged” Dashing Deer, and stamped him in Shaded Spruce, Old Olive and Early Espresso. Then, I used his Detailed Deer die for cutting. I used Thick Whisper White cardstock, so the part that isn’t glued to the band would be sturdy. Before gluing, I marked the back of the deer with a pencil, so I could see where to place the glue.
I hope you have fun making my favorite gift card holder. This is my third year for making these, so if you’d like more pictures and instructions, you can follow the links:
Get more inspiration using the Blog Hop Line-up below. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.
Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, December 12, 2018 for the next Pals Blog Hop. It will be a glitzy affair with All That Sparkles and Shines. Don’t miss the fun.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Harper-Burnet
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Sandra Conner at Pretty Provisions
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose