Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop in 2022! This month, the theme is Sale-A-Bration. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Why did I choose a pineapple, and pair it with “Good Luck?” I’ve always connected pineapples with good luck, but wasn’t sure of the reason, so I did a little research. In many Southeast Asian countries, Hokkien is spoken, and the word for pineapple is “ong lai.” This word also sounds like words meaning “incoming fortune.” So, there you have it in a nutshell, and my card was born.
The realism of the pineapple from the Island Vibes Stamp Set is wonderful! I stamped it in Memento Black Ink on Basic White Cardstock, cut it by hand, and placed it on Dimensionals. You can see a full view of the images in the stamp set in my Product List below.
Contrasting with the black & white pineapple is the bright, Sale-a-bration designer paper, Sunshine & Rainbows. I used the largest Stitched Rectangles die to cut the dotted paper, and the third largest Stitched Rectangles Die to cut the black & white Pattern Party Designer Paper.
The dotted paper is glued to a Thick Basic White card base, 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″, folded at 4 1/4″, and the black & white paper is backed for thickness, and attached with Dimensionals.
Isn’t the Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Paper pretty? Can you find the dots and stripe I used?
Playful Alphabet Dies were used to cut the letters, “GOOD LUCK,” from the striped paper.
Here’s how: I cut one inch sections of a Foam Adhesive Sheet and attached one inch cuts of designer paper. Then, I placed the letter dies on top of the paper, and ran it through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. I carefully removed the dies and backing, and attached the letters to the card front. The lines made it easy to line up the letters, by placing the bottom of the letters first.
Thank you for stopping by! Wishing you all good luck in the new year!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on February 9th. Our theme will be Birthday Bash when our team creates birthday projects to celebrate our family and friends.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, INK
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’