Welcome to the Pals May Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects with “More Than One Score.” You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
This is my first easel card. If I’d known how easy it was, I would have made one a long time ago.
The great thing about this easel card is that it folds to fit into a regular, medium, envelope.
I’ve made a number of “gate-fold” cards, and the “easel” has the same card base. You begin with Mossy Meadow cardstock, 8 1/2″ X 11″, cut in half, lengthwise, which is at 4 1/4″.
Score in the middle at 5 1/2″. Then, rather than scoring each half at 2 3/4″ as you would for a “gate-fold”, just score one of the halves.
Here’s how it looks folded into position.
Cut two pieces of Thick Whisper White cardstock: the card front, 4″ X 5 1/4″, and the footer, 4″ X 1 1/2″. I thought it would be fun to have a “see-through” piece at the top of my card front, so use a Detailed Floral die for cutting.
Cover the footer with Designer Series Paper, 4″ X 1 1/2″. This is Petal Promenade, one of my favorites. The piece beneath the die cut is 4 X 2 1/8″.
TIP: Cut the DSP for the card front and footer at the same time, so the pattern matches where they meet.
I devised a way to enable the card front to stand securely, by applying Foam Adhesive Strips to the back of the footer.
The backside of the floral DSP is this pretty marble, which makes a nice background for a written message. Cut two pieces: 4″ X 2 1/2″ and 4″ X 3 5/8″.
With Mother’s Day coming up this weekend, I completed my easel card with “Happy Mother’s Day” from the Tea Together stamp set. It fit nicely in the smallest Layering Ovals die with the scalloped oval in Rich Razzleberry.
Also, I added two words in Thick Whisper White cardstock to the card front: “amazing” from the Celebrate You die set, and “you” from the Well Written die set.
Mothers are amazing! Right?
Three of the products I used in today’s project are retiring, so warning to the wise: Order Petal Promenade DSP, Detailed Floral dies, and Celebrate You dies while supplies last. They are the first three items in my Product List below, so click on them and shop.
Thank you for visiting me today, and I appreciate you shopping!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.
Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.Mark your calendars for Wednesday, June 12, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Anything with Wings” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds