Welcome to the Pals monthly blog hop. We’re so glad you’re here! December is time for glitz and bling with “All that Sparkles & Shines”. Today we feature projects that sparkle or shine. Maybe even a little of both.
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
The first thing I grabbed for this month’s “Sparkles & Shines” project was our Sparkle Glimmer Paper. I’m not able to photograph its brilliance, but trust me, it “sparkles & shines!”
I envisioned Christmas bulbs strung across my card, so used the Christmas Bulb Builder Punch to punch several, sparkly, bulbs.
The bulb’s sockets and wire were made with Galvanized metallic Paper, which has a nice shine to it. I used the Christmas Bulb Builder Punch for the sockets, and a long, thin, wavy die from In the Woods die set for the wire. I ran it through the Big Shot twice, and then used Paper Snips, to make it this narrow.
Since I like the contrast between sparkle and wood, I made the background from Wood Textures Designer Series Paper. The wood color I chose blends well with the Gray Granite card base.
Now, for the words, which I found in the Merry Christmas die set. I cut “Happy” from the same Sparkle Glitter Paper as the bulbs. I was able to thread the Galvanized Metallic wire through the loops of “Happy,” because both papers are strong and flexible enough to do this. Then, I glued the ends of the wire, leaving “Happy” free.
Next, I carved (die cut) “Holidays” from the Wood Textures DSP. Using the “eclipse technique,” I gave it two layers of Gray Granite cardstock for thickness, and replaced it in its hole. Can you see the “i” is dotted with Sparkle Glimmer Paper?
For a touch of traditional red and green, I cut four, small, pine boughs (Night Owl die set) from Garden Green cardstock, and glued them on the ends of the wire. As a finishing touch, each pair was adorned with a sparkly, Red Rhinestone Berry.
Thanks so much for hopping by. I really appreciate you visiting my blog.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s hoppers. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.
Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, January 9, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share projects “From the Heart”. Don’t miss the fun.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Sandra Conner at Pretty Provisions
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom