Welcome to the Pals monthly blog hop. We’re so glad you’re here! January is time for making “Art from the Heart,” featuring projects for Valentines Day, Thinking of You, Get Well, or Sympathy. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I love making cards for Valentine’s Day, so “Art From The Heart” presented the perfect opportunity to make use of the Be Mine Stitched heart die.
I began by simply stamping a small butterfly (Butterfly Gala stamp set) in Sahara Sand ink and Crumb Cake Ink on Whisper White cardstock. As I was happily stamping this plain, little, guy, randomly on the paper, the idea came to me to have the butterfly fluttering within a heart. So, I reached for the Be Mine Stitched die, and ran my stamped butterflies through the Big Shot. The Lovely Lipstick trim is cut with the same Be Mine Stitched die, using All My Love Designer Series Paper.
The right words were needed to convey the meaning of my fluttering heart, which I was able to make with the Labeler Alphabet stamp set. I stamped the letters in Crumb Cake ink on Whisper White cardstock, and used my Paper Snips for cutting. I have an easy way of doing this, if you’d like to see my explanation from a previous blog post.
The letters for “heart” wanted to flutter around atop dimensionals with the butterflies, but I managed to glue the word, “aflutter,” in a straight row.
For the background, I chose a piece of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper, because wood appeals to men, and a man will, most likely, be receiving this card. I layered the wood for thickness, and raised it on dimensionals on a Crumb Cake card base. The last detail to the card front was some Linen Thread tied around the bottom, and a bow attached with a Glue Dot. I also decorated the envelope flap with All My Love DSP that matches the heart trim.
No mistaking, this is a Valentine! If you’d like to make a similar Valentine, you’ll find my product list below.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.
Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, February 13, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share “It’s Time to Sale-A-Brate” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping by the Bay
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Patti MacLeith at Paper Crafts by Patti
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit