Welcome to the June 2017 Pals Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month’s theme, Pick a “B”, features projects inspired by Babies, Birthdays and Brides to name few. You may just get a glimpse of new catalog products while you hop with us today.
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
Since beginning this blog just one month ago, I’ve been looking forward to my first Pals Blog Hop. I always enjoy seeing everyone’s creations, so being able to participate is thrilling! This month’s theme is the letter “B,” and I chose “Birthday.”
This graceful mermaid caught my eye the first time I scanned the catalog at OnStage. I thought she would be fairly easy to fussy cut, and with the exception of her hair, she was. I stamped her in Chocolate Chip on Thick Whisper White cardstock, because I wanted her to be sturdy on top of dimensionals. Next, on to the coloring…
I used our watercolor pencils without adding water. Her hair is Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie with a band of Real Red, and her tail is Old Olive and Bermuda Bay. Do you see the Clear Acrylic Block E in the picture? That’s what I inked with the color Pool Party for the frame. There wasn’t quite enough color, so I added more with the dotted stamp in the set. I also used the sand and seashell stamp along the bottom in Sahara Sand, and the seaweed stamp in Old Olive.
Before gluing the art piece to the Bermuda Bay card base, I wanted to add ocean waves. I had experimented with our new Ruffled embossing folder, so I knew it would create just the look I wanted. Only, it turned out better than I thought it would! And, the sentiment, “have a Magical Birthday,” fit perfectly in our new Label Punch with the added stamped decoration around it from the Label Me Pretty stamp set. If you happened to notice, this card is photographed on our new Designer Series Paper, Just Add Color. A sea turtle is peeking from beneath this card, but will soon take center stage. My grandson loves sea turtles, so I’ll be sending one to him.
Thanks again for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on July 12. We’re having a pattern party! Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. See you on July 12 for the next Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art<<<<<<< YOU ARE HERE!!