Welcome to the Pals Feburary 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “Case the Catty”. The Stampin’ Pretty Pals will copy or remake projects from any of the current Stampin’ Up! catalogs and brochures. After all, who doesn’t CASE (Copy and Share Everything) once in a while. You may be just starting or hopped over from another Pal. In either case you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
What’s cuter than one Petal Palette bird? TWO Petal Passion birds from the Memories & More Card Pack. You may recognize my card (Occasions catalog, page 24,) because I cased it exactly. I took “case the catty” to heart!
It looks as though the little birds were hand drawn. They were, originally, but not by me, and I didn’t even stamp these birds. They come like this on one of the cards in the pack, and it’s the only way you can get them. This makes them very special, and one of the reasons I chose this project.
The single bird was the first thing I fell in love with when I was at On Stage in November, and was featured in my projects for the December and January Pals Blog Hops. I know I wasn’t alone, because I’ve seen hundreds of beautiful projects from the Petal Palette Bundle. But, I wanted ALL of the birds!
There is another, very good reason why I have this Memories & More Card Pack. I have said no, no, no to scrapbooking, but I broke down and bought the scrapbook binder and filler pages, You see, my daughter was married in October, and her photos are so pretty, I HAVE to make an album. The Petal Palette collection is so fabulous, I was enticed into using it to compliment her wedding photos.
Do you see my card on the intro to this video? Watch the video for details on this fabulous, Memories & More Card Pack.
There are a few differences between my project and the one Stampin’ Up! designed. Theirs was used in a filler page for a photo album, and I made mine into an anniversary card using a Thick Whisper White card base. I trimmed the Powder Pink floral print to size, and die cut two Basic Black branches (Petals & More die set). I tied white Baker’s Twine, as pictured, and glued it all down, popping up the two birds on dimensionals. I added “Happy Anniversary” from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, which I punched with the Classic Label Punch. This has to be one of the fastest cards I’ve made.
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on March 14, 2018. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that. Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.
Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art(you are here)
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Rachael at Bluebonnet Stampin
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jackie Beers at BlueLineStamping
- Shannon Jaramillo at Shannon Kay Paperie
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Apron of Love
- Corinne Blake at The Creative Compendium
- Wendy Klein at DogGone Delightful Staympin’
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara