Welcome to the Pals January 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “From the Heart” featuring heartfelt projects like Valentine’s Day, Thinking of You, Get Well and Sympathy. Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
Did someone say, “From the Heart?” Well, I found the perfect sentiment in the Petal Palette stamp set, which happens to say, “From the Heart.” So that decision was made!
I love Valentines Day, and the cards that go with it, so you know I’ll be making a bunch of them. I think this may end up being one of my favorites that I’m sharing with you today.
Some Valentines are delivered in person with a hug or a kiss, but many are delivered through the mail, so I thought it would be fun to stamp the top layer of this project (Thick Whisper White cardstock) with the Post Script background stamp. The light Sahara Sand Ink keeps it subtle.
I cut a peek-a-boo hole with a heart die from the Lots To Love Box die set, and framed it with heat embossed Gold Powder using a stamp from the Sure Do Love You stamp set. This garland is simply gorgeous, especially in this shiny gold.
I paired this with a heart we’ve grown to love from the Sunshine Wishes set, die cut using Gold Foil.
My favorite little bird from Petal Palette wanted to be heat embossed with Gold Powder, matching the sentiment, so I obliged. She’s quite proud of her golden feathers, and likes her perch atop the Bunch of Banners die cut sentiment. I like how this die makes it so easy to frame the words. Before gluing down the sentiment, I added the fabulous Organza Ribbon, my favorite!
The finishing touch of sparkle was added by die cutting two little branches (Lovely Laurel Thinlits) from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.
The Blushing Bride Designer Series Paper layered on the Crumb Cake card base is from last year’s Falling in Love. I admit to hording this paper, because I LOVE it, and I know I’m not the only one. I applied Adhesive Strips to the Post Script art piece to raise it on top of the Designer Series Paper.
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on February 14, 2018. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme Crafts
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Kat Chancellor at Stamp ART Connection
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Milligan at Stampin’ Made Simple