Welcome to the Pals March 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “Spring has Sprung”. The Stampin’ Pretty Pals will inspire you with Spring or Spring-related projects. You may see floral, Easter or other general Spring-inspired designs. You may be just starting or hopped over from another Pal. In either case you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
The Petal Palette Bundle is good for all seasons, but this project is saying “Spring Has Sprung.”
I remember the first time I caught a glimpse of the Petal Passion Designer Series Paper. This fabulous black and white print was a backdrop at the Stampin Up! November OnStage. I couldn’t wait to see the entire collection revealed, and I wasn’t disappointed. The Petal Palette Stamp Set, the Petals & More Dies, and Petal Passion DSP were an instant favorite.
For today’s project, I used the Light Pool Party Stampin’ Blend to color the white background of the Petal Passion DSP in the square. The square was cut with a Layering Square Die, and the Crumb Cake frame was cut with a Stitched Shape Die. Doesn’t the stitching make it look like leather?
I used the branch die from from the Petals & More Die Set to cut the branch from Whisper White cardstock. I lifted the white branch, leaving the negative space against the Crumb Cake card base.
The sentiment and my favorite little bird are both from the Petal Palette stamp set. I stamped the sentiment in Crumb Cake Ink to match the card base. I used Thick Whisper White for the bird (Crumb Cake Ink and Pool Party Stampin’ Blend), so it could perch sturdily on the Linen Thread. It’s actually popped up on dimensionals. And, no fussy cutting, because the bird has a die in the Petals & More Die set.
I added a touch of sparkle with the Iridescent Sequins, which I just received in my last order. I picked out the bluish ones for this project, but they come multi-colored, and they are gorgeous in person.
The last detail was stamping the envelope flap with a branch from the same, wonderful, Petal Palette stamp set.
My family has numerous Spring birthdays, and “Life is so much better with you in it” is a perfect birthday sentiment, don’t you think?
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on April 11, 2018 for our Family First Hop. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Corinne Blake at The Creative Compendium
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art YOU ARE HERE
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose