Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is Birthday Bash. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, we would appreciate your comments because we enjoy hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today’s birthday card uses the gorgeous, New Horizons Designer Paper, on one of my favorite fun fold cards, the Double Z-Fold. This could be a great birthday card for a special guy in your life. Hopefully, my instructions will be clear, and you’ll be inspired to give it a try.
First, I cut a piece of 8 1/2″ X 11″ Evening Evergreen Cardstock in half, 4 1/4″ X 11″, and scored it at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″. You can use the other half to make a second card.
The two smaller panels were decorated with scenic, New Horizons Designer Paper, 2 1/2″ X 4″. For some added detail, I stamped birds, from the On The Horizon Stamp Set, in Night of Navy Ink on the front panel. And a sun, from the Paradise Palms Stamp Set, in Pale Papaya Ink on the inside panel.
I cut a fourth panel, 2 1/2″ X 4″, to glue to the backside for writing personal messages.
The large panel was created with a Grove Die and another pattern of New Horizons Designer Paper, 5 1/4″ X 4″.
After gluing the New Horizons DSP to the panels, I cut a band for the bottom, 11″ X 1 1/2,” scored at 5 1/2″ and 2 3/4″. I decorated the band with three strips from the same New Horizons DSP. The long strip is 5 1/4″ X 1″, and the two shorter strips are 2 1/2″ X 1″. This paper is wonderful, and you can see all of the patterns in my Product List below.
The trickiest part of the Double Z-Fold is fastening the band. It seems odd, but the long section of the band is glued to the short front section. I find it easiest to apply glue to the folded band, because this exposes only the part that should have glue. Then, fold the card while adhering the band in place. I suggest having a “dry” run before applying glue.
“Happy Birthday” is from the Artistically Inked Stamp Set, stamped in Evening Evergreen Ink on New Horizons DSP, and cut with a Stitched Rectangles Die. I layered it with cardstock for thickness prior to attaching it with Dimensionals.
To complete my card, the sweet deer were cut with Grove Dies from wood textured, In Good Taste Designer Paper. I layered them with cardstock, for thickness, before gluing them in place.
Incidentally, the Double Z-Fold card will fit right inside our Medium Envelopes. YAY!
Thanks for hopping by today! Stay warm!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on March 9th. Our theme will be Cute Critters where our Design Team creates a project with any kind of animals, birds, butterflies or insects.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations