Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, our blog hop theme is Party Time! We hope you will be inspired by all the beautiful creations the Pals made for you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My grandson’s birthday was March 2; a milestone, 18 years! It’s hard to design a card for a young man, but I thought he would appreciate the humor from A Grand Kid Stamp Set.
I began with a background of By The Bay Designer Paper, layered on paper from the same pack. The first layer is 4″ X 5 1/4″, and the top layer is 1/8″ smaller, giving it a 1/16″ border. The layers were glued to a Thick Basic White card base, 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″, folded at 4 1/4″.
Matching the gold streaks in the designer paper, I used the A La Mode Alphabet Dies to cut “18” from Gold Foil Sheets. To give the numbers dimension, I cut a piece of Foam Adhesive Sheet the same size of the Gold Foil, adhered them together, placed the number dies on top of the Gold Foil, and ran them through the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine. Then, I removed the numbers, leaving the backing intact until I was ready to attach them to the card front.
Next, I stamped the sentiments, “to an amazing Grandson,” and “no amount of money could ever show how much I love you…” in Memento Black Ink on Basic White Cardstock. After stamping, I used Something Fancy Dies for cutting, and placed them on Dimensionals. I love how the Something Fancy Dies have layering dies, to add a nice border.
To complete the humorous sentiment, I stamped “…but here’s some anyway.” And, I added “Happy Birthday,” also from A Grand Kid Stamp Set. I stamped it in Versamark, sprinkled it with Gold Embossing Powder, and set it with the heat tool.
I went to the extra effort of giving the inside a border to match the front, and decorated the Basic White Envelope flap with another pattern of By The Bay Designer Paper. All of this may go unnoticed by my grandson, but he’s sure to enjoy the money:)
Thank you for visiting. Here we are in 2009; time flies!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on April 12th, when our theme will be Flowers in the Garden, showcasing cards/projects with flowers.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art. ***YOU ARE HERE***
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Place an order of $75.00 or more, before tax and shipping, and I will send you the Flat Adhesive-Backed Pearls (80) in April.