Welcome to the Pals September, 2018 Blog Hop. The 2018 Holiday Catalog from Stampin’ Up! Is out and the Pals are excited! Sit back while we share creations from “Our Favorite Holiday”.
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Christmas is at the top of my list for favorite holidays, and I love the traditional colors of red and green. I’d like you to meet “Tappy” the reindeer.
I named him Tappy, because his fur looks like tapestry fabric. It’s amazing how this detail is in the stamp, isn’t it?
His stamp is in the Dashing Deer stamp set, and he has a die for cutting in the Detailed Deer die set. You can buy the two sets in a bundle for a 10% discount.
Tappy is beautiful in many colors, but for this card he is stamped in Tranquil Tide ink. He wanted to coordinate with the backgound, Joyous Noel Designer Series Paper.
For added interest, I cut an oval in the center of the DSP with two Stitched Shapes Dies, making a frame. I layered the frame for thickness, so it could be raised. I also added a layer of Thick Whisper White cardstock to Tappy, to keep him sturdy. And, I used dimensionals (regular and mini) for extra security.
Before placing Tappy in his home, I layered the Sahara Sand card base with Tranquil Tide cardstock, embossed with the Subtle Textured embossing folder. The Merry Merlot berries in the DSP provided my Christmas season red. There’s a dot of Sahara Sand in the DSP also, which is why I chose that color for the card base.
Here’s another card I made using the Dashing Deer Bundle and Joyous Noel Designer Series Paper.
You should check out the other paper in the Joyous Noel collection, because it’s gorgeous. Just click on the picture in my Products List below.
Thanks so much for stopping by. This is an exciting, card-making time of year!
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see what the rest of my Pals have created to inspire you.. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, October 10, 2018 for the next Pals Blog Hop. October is time for some wicked fun with “Wicked Folds” where the Pals will show you creations that are anything but a standard card fold. Don’t miss the fun.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Terri George at StampMeCrafty
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rachael at Shedeed
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts