Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team is showcasing “Gifts From the Garden.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Can’t you see a garden filled with gorgeous peonies? Today’s “thank you” card has step-by-step instructions, plus my supplies in the Product List below. Enjoy!
Cut Thick Whisper White Cardstock to 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″, fold in the middle at 4 1/4″, making your card base.
Layer with Whisper White Cardstock, 4″ X 5 1/4″, embossed with the Subtle Textured Embossing Folder.
Prior to gluing the embossed layer to the card base, tape a strand of Linen Thread to the back, positioned as shown.
Cut a panel 2 1/4″ X 5 1/4″ from Neutrals 6″ X 6″ Designer Paper in Crumb Cake, and glue in the center of the embossed layer.
Cut a second panel 2″ X 5 1/4″ from Soft Sea Foam Cardstock, trim the sides using a Peony Die, and glue in the center of the Designer Paper.
Stamp the peony, from the Prized Peony Stamp Set, in VersaMark on Whisper White Cardstock. Sprinkle with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, and set with the Heat Tool.
Color with Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends, which is SO MUCH FUN! The embossing keeps the color within the lines, which you’ll have to try to see what I mean. Use the darker Stampin’ Blends to add definition to the petals. After cutting with the Peony Die, place the flower on Dimensionals.
Stamp three leaves in Soft Sea Foam Ink on Whisper White Cardstock, cut with Peony Dies, and glue in place.
Using a Forever Flourishing Die, cut the sprig from Thick Whisper White Cardstock, and glue in place.
“Thank you” is from the Timeless Tropical Stamp Set, stamped in Soft Suede Ink, and fussy cut. This means I used Paper Snips to cut by hand. Glue the “k” to the flower, and attach the remainder with Dimensionals to be the same level as the flower.
Add a few Woven Threads Sequins (white tone), and your card is complete.
Thanks so much for visiting me today. I wish you a garden filled with peonies!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop, which will be August 12th when our theme is “My Happiest Season.” The Design Team will showcase projects inspired by their favorite seasonal time of the year. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art. ***YOU ARE HERE***
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping