Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “My Happiest Season”. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I love the long days of summer, but Fall is my favorite season for making holiday cards. Wreaths are among my favorites for Thanksgiving and Christmas cards, so I was excited to use the new, Seasonal Swirls Dies.
I began with a Thick Basic White card base, 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″, folded at 4 1/4″. Then, I created a frame for my wreath, using Stitched Rectangles Dies, and a gorgeous pattern of Harvest Meadow Designer Paper.
First, I glued the designer paper to Thick Basic White Cardstock, so the frame would be sturdy, 4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″. Then, I placed the largest Stitched Rectangles Die on the Harvest Meadow Designer Paper, along with the fourth largest Stitched Rectangles Die, and ran it through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
Next, I used the second largest Stitched Rectangles Die to cut a coordinating pattern of Harvest Meadow Designer Paper. This was glued to the card base prior to attaching the frame with Foam Adhesive Strips.
Now, for the beautiful wreath! I cut one circle of pine and leaves from Thick Basic White Cardstock, and another circle from Be Dazzling Specialty Paper. This Be Dazzling Paper is amazing, and one of the FREE items you can choose during Sale-a-bration.
The circles were glued together; then glued on the right and left sides to the frame.
“Christmas” was made with a Word Wishes Die, cut from In Good Taste Designer Paper. I backed it for thickness, making it look like carved wood, and suspended it across the wreath. Finally, I dotted the “i” with a rhinestone.
A pop of Cherry Cobbler color was created with a cardinal from the Beautiful Trees Die Set.
You’ll find the supplies I used in my Product List below. I appreciate you visiting. Thank you!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on September 8th. Our theme will be “Focus on the Sentiment”when our Design Team creates a project showcasing a sentiment as the focal point of their project. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art. ***YOU ARE HERE***
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations