Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! While the COVID 19 pandemic is adding stress to our lives, we Pals hope this blog hop will help to lift your spirits. Let us inspire you to take a creative break and relax for a little while. This month our theme is “Special Occasions” where we have made a project for just about any occasion you can think of! You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I recently received a wedding “save the date,” so it inspired me to create a wedding card with someone special in mind.
I began with a Thick Whisper White card base, using one of the new Ornate Borders Dies to decorate the edge. It turned out perfectly…..the second time. The first time, my pretty border was accidentally, completely cut from the card front.
TIP: Make sure the die is facing the right direction. See the straight piece on the ends of the die? The larger portion of the die needs to face the fold of the card.
However, I didn’t let my die-cut mistake go to waste. Can you see how pretty it looks, decorating the envelope flap, in the first picture?
Next, I found the sentiment in the Last A lifetime Stamp Set. I stamped “To The New Mr. & Mrs.” in VersaMark, sprinkled it with Gold Embossing Powder, and set it with the Heat Tool. An Ornate Layers Die was just the right size for cutting.
Beneath the sentiment, I added foliage made with Frosted Bouquet Dies and a Botanical Tags Die, cut from Purple Posy, Soft Sea Foam, and Whisper White Cardstock. For a touch of sparkle, I added a few Iridescent Sequins.
I continued the sentiment on the inside, also from the Last A Lifetime Stamp Set. The same gold embossing technique was used, and then framed by using an Ornate Layers Die.
I appreciate you hopping to my blog today. Thank you! The supplies for today’s card can be seen in my Product List below.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 13th, when we will say “Goodbye to January Mini and 2019 Annual Catalog and/or Hello to 2020 Annual Catalog.” The Design Team will showcase their favorites from the retiring catalogs or new products from the new catalog. Don’t miss the fun! And, until then, please stay safe.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art. ***YOU ARE HERE***
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards