Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for “It’s the Sentiment That Counts” – showcasing new or favorite sentiments as the focal point of their project. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today’s Pal’s Blog Hop is occurring on a significant day in our history, 9/11. Thinking of the brave men and women who selflessly gave their lives for others, I feel grateful.
The first thing I did was use the Hand-Lettered Prose dies to cut the word “grateful” from wood textured, Pressed Petals Designer Series Paper. Then, I layered each letter for thickness, and placed them on a 5 1/4″ X 4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock to make sure it fit. Whew! Not a spec to spare. I embossed this layer with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder to stick with the rustic feel.
Next, I took a cue from this month’s banner, and made a wreath. I began by using two Layering Circles Dies to make a round frame for the wreath. By using Thick Whisper White Cardstock, it blended with the background. I used Champagne, Gold, and Silver Foil for the foliage, and Copper Foil for the pinecones. I cut two boughs of each color, and two pinecones, with dies from the Beautiful Boughs die set.
After alternating, and carefully gluing the boughs to the frame, I lifted the wreath on Dimensionals, along with the letters, g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l.
The final touch was a Sparkle Glimmer spring, cut with a Frosted Bouquet die.
Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate your support, and shopping at my store. The Holiday Catalog items are available now, and you can see details about today’s supplies by clicking on the pictures in my Product List.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.
Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.Mark your calendars for Wednesday, October 9, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share “My Favorite Season” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art. YOU ARE HERE
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations