Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for “My Favorite Season” – showcasing our favorite stamps and supplies for our holiday project. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
It’s easy to see, I chose Christmas for “my favorite season,” but this card has special dimension. Follow along to see how I made it.
I began by building a frame with Toile Tidings Designer Paper. First, I used the largest Rectangle Stitched Die to cut the green, leafy print. Second, I cut an identical piece of Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock. Third, I glued the two together, and used a Beautiful Boughs Die to cut a hole, making a frame. Fourth, I attached Adhesive Foam Strips to the frame’s back, so it could be lifted on the Thick Very Vanilla card base.
Next, I found a beautiful tree in my stash of unused pieces for my focal point. The tree is from the Winter Woods Stamp Set, and cut with a die from In the Woods. I remember using several shades of green; probably Shaded Spruce, Garden Green and Mint Macaron. I used regular Dimensionals to lift the tree from the card front.
TIP: The tree is lower than the frame, because Foam Adhesive Strips are double the thickness of regular Dimensionals.
“Merry” is from the Merry Christmas Die Set, which I cut from Real Red Cardstock, and layered for thickness. “Christmas” is from the Merry Christmas To All Stamp Set, stamped in Real Red Ink on Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock, and cut with a Merry Christmas Die.
The Beautiful Boughs Die Set provided the pinecones. I cut two solid shapes from Crumb Cake Cardstock, and two open shapes from Soft Suede Cardstock, and glued the two together. A bow of Linen Thread was glued to the top of the pinecones, and my card was complete.
Thank you for visiting my blog today! I appreciate you! I have my Product List below for convenient shopping.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.
Please click to leave a COMMENT HERE.Mark your calendars for Wednesday, November 13th when we showcase projects with layers of DSP and embellishments for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen