Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created projects where “It’s the Sentiment that Counts.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My picture taking spot was dappled with sunlight this morning. Since we are focusing on the sentiment, I thought the lighting was perfect for my word, “Thanksgiving.”
“Thanksgiving” is from the Word Wishes Dies set, cut from Brushed Metallic Paper. To give the word dimension, I adhered the Brushed Metallic Paper to a piece of Foam Adhesive Sheet, before rolling it through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. I had to “fiddle” with the word to remove some tiny pieces, and was careful not to lose those two little dots in “giving.” But, I feel it was worth the effort.
I thought the wreath from the Arrange a Wreath Bundle, would make a nice home for my word, “Thanksgiving.” I began by stamping the wreath, from the Arrange a Wreath Stamp Set, in VersaMark on Whisper White Cardstock (4 X 5 1/4″). Then, I sprinkled it with Gold Embossing Powder, and set it with the Heat Tool. If you haven’t tried this, you should! I never tire of watching the dull powder turn to shine.
Next, I used a Wreath Builder Die to cut a circle of leaves from Whisper White Cardstock, and glued this on top of the gold embossed wreath. To add some Fall color I stamped leaves and berries in three ink colors: Pumpkin Pie, Mango Melody, and Cajun Craze, three of each, and used their dies for cutting. Alternating the colors, I attached them with Mini Dimensionals, which fit the small leaves perfectly.
Lastly, I added a double bow of Linen Thread, matching the card base of Crumb Cake, (8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″, folded at 4 1/4″).
Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate you visiting me!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on October 14th when our theme is “Tag, You’re It!” Participants will showcase tags or 3D items that will be great for gifts for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art. <<<<<<<YOU ARE HERE
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Christine Eck at Dances With Hooves Paper Design
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery